Join Verve Sports
Verve Sports - Apprentice
We at Verve Sports believe that the future of sports coaching lies with multi-discipline coaches, this is why we are offering young coaches an exciting opportunity to become a coaching apprentice. If you are between 16 and 24 and have a real desire to coach young children and develop your skills as a coach, you could be paid whilst earning a National Vocational Qualification.
You will also gain invaluable experience, as your placement will involve you leading extra-curricular activities and promoting the benefits of being physically active to children, whilst acting as a positive role model.
Here are three points we believe are benefits of being a coach.
1. The satisfaction you gain from providing an activity that participants enjoy and learn from.
2. The opportunity to introduce a person to sport so that it has a positive impact and continues to do so throughout their lives.
3. The interesting and varied challenges you face on a day to day basis.
Here are three points that you need to be aware of if you are considering becoming a coach.
1. There is a lot of planning and preparation involved so self-motivation is essential.
2. It's not 9 to 5, kids want coaching at evenings and weekends, so you need to be flexible.
3. To be honest I am struggling to find a third point as it is a very enjoyable and satisfying job!
Verve Sports Volunteers
Volunteering is an important part of sport development for children and this is why we are offering opportunities to become a volunteer. Whether you need to complete hours for your sports leaders school or college courses, or you are just looking for experience working with children, assisting with coaching sessions or helping with holiday camps, there are development opportunities for committed volunteers and also the possibility to progress into paid coaching or an apprenticeship.
Verve Sports Coaches
We are looking to recruit coaches across North Wales to deliver extra-curricular sports clubs and sports coaching sessions within primary schools, in line with the company's coaching programme. We are interested in coaches of all levels and experience.
So, if you ;
- are highly motivated and organised,
- can deliver fun based sport activities in an enthusiastic way that maintains the interest level of the children,
- have the ability to use a variety of coaching styles to suit the learning needs of the children and situation,
- have effective communication skills with both children and adults,
- are able to maintain group control whilst always keeping a positive environment within the session,
you have the skills we are looking for and could have a fantastic career as a Verve Sports Coach.
If you are interested in joining Verve Sports please complete the relevant application form on the right hand side of this page and upload your CV. If you would like to be considered for more than one position, you will need to complete each form individually. i.e if you want to be considered for an apprentice and a volunteer, both forms will need completing.